Saturday 6 January 2018

Heaven

Dean, Lee, Steve, Adrian, Ben and Sue. And Marsden

Today we were back in the clough above Crowther Laithe Farm, Marsden. We added 100 Scots Pine, 50 Oak, and 30 Gorse to the older (and struggling) trees already there. Thanks to Dave's efforts we used almost entirely recycled tree protection for today's planting. And retrieved more for future re-use.

We were: myself, Philip, Adrian, Dave, Geoff, Dean, Sue, Tanya, Ben, Lee, Guy, Ros, Stephen, and Steve.

Cake was coffee walnut.

This week's tune is here partly because I was playing it in the car on the way there. I had another one of those Proustian moments where a tune moved me unexpectedly, reminding me of being much younger. That happens a fair bit these days. Sheesh, being 56. But lyrically the song might also be taken to describe the Colne Valley!

https://youtu.be/9bKW7JkHKm8

Myself and Philip hatch a cunning planting plan.